This week I got to talk to a long-time friend I’ve kept in touch with over the years since we both attended Bible School, albeit having both gone on way different albeit similar journeys.
Kris Bennett was the one who answered the phone when I called FIRE School of Ministry in the summer of 2001 regarding the status of my application to the school. We weren’t close during our time there, but we wound up staying in touch afterward thanks to emerging social media platforms in the late 2000s.
He was persuing higher education, and I had eventually moved to the mission field in Peru.
After all these years we’re finally having a recorded conversation via the Fire On Your Head podcast and discussing things he doesn’t talk much about on his own show.
In this episode we discuss:
- Imposter Syndrome and the various ways we’ve both faced it in our lives, education and businesses.
- What barrier to entry one might have in fulfilling their call; for one person that might be higher education, for another it may be specific vocational skills
- The challenges of fundraising vs tentmaking & freelancing
- True wealth and a good reputation as outlined in the book of Proverbs
- The rewards of diligence in both ministry and in businesss.
- If you can solve someone’s “bleeding neck problem”, you can get paid well and never need to worry ever gain about providing for your family if you possess such skills.
…among quite a few other things.
You can subscribe to Kris’s podcast wherever you get your favorite podcasts, as well as check out our discussion on the same app you use.
Follow Kris on LinkedIn.
Check out his podcast, The Storage Investor Show.
Before you go…
Please jump over to wherever you listen to your podcasts and give this show a rating, a review, leave a comment or even do all three. It would mean a lot to me and help people find us!
Thank you so much, and I look forward to talking to you in the next episode of Fire On Your Head.
Blessings and fire on your head!
This is the button you click to go to my calendar