Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:19:45 — 36.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe to our Podcast Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More Subscription Options
This week we have a cross-generational chat with our friend who goes by the name Nor’west or Northwest Prophetic on social media.
On this week’s show you’ll enjoy learning about a man who’s pastored several times in the past and has an interesting calling and perspective on the Northwest region of the United States.
Topics we started off with today today:
- The ‘dones’, are many of them gravitating towards house churches because they’re rebelling against institution or unable to submit to authority? Or is it something else completely?
- Can we see similarities between the “Jesus people movement” during the 70s and the modern day millennials who are disinterested in “institutional” church?
- I shared my observation that many of my more recent podcast fans are decades older than I am. Where is the younger generation?
- Also, the “done with church” crowd doesn’t fit one specific demographic, but are a wide variety of different ages and classes in Western society.
Regarding the prophetic, we pick NWP’s brain about:
- Do prophecies have multiple fulfillments, like “repeats”?
- Do some people confuse what God is speaking to them personally with prophetic words they think are for the Body of Christ at large?
- Is it possible to prophesy our own frustration or opinions in God’s name concerning a region or a culture?
- The Apostle Paul’s source of revelation and “locating the ear to our spirit” — if we all have the same access to hearing the voice of God, then how come the Lord seems to say many different things to people?
- We discuss how do we process it when credible well-known prophetic leaders have conflicting prophetic words? Is one person right and the other wrong? Or are both hearing pieces of a puzzle that compliment the other’s?
- Does the Bible truly say anywhere that a real prophet must have a 100% track record?
Other Tweetable Nuggets from NWP:
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Prophetic ministry is not primarily about prophecy but relationship with God @NWProphetic” quote=”Prophetic ministry is not primarily about prophecy but relationship with God @NWProphetic” theme=”style2″]
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Find out where the current is flowing, and get in it! @NWProphetic” quote=”Find out where the current is flowing, and get in it! @NWProphetic” theme=”style3″]
Related reading material:
Was Jonah a False Prophet?
Was Isaiah a False Prophet? by Steve Bremner
NorthWest’s recommended reading:
Understanding the Whole Bible, by Dr. Jonathan Welton
Also don’t forget to check out the site NorthWestProphetic.com and Pilgrimgram.com.
Download our new Fire On Your Head app and receive notifications of contests and how to be one 10 people who can receive a FREE digital copy of 9 Lies People Believe About Speaking in Tongues when we send an exclusive notification with a download link before Feb 28th.
Edit: The contest has ended, and our app is no longer available on the iPhone, but has a new Android version but we no longer send out any push notifications for contests.
Before you go…
Before I let you go I need to ask you a quick favor. Please jump over to iTunes or Stitcher and give this show a rating, a review, or leave a comment or all three. It would mean a lot to me and help people find us!
Thank you so much, and I look forward to talking to you in the next episode of Fire On Your Head.
Blessings and fire on your head!