I can’t keep track of how many times I’ve begun reading a Kindle book by a self-published author and the formatting made the book nearly impossible to read. Some authors who’ve never even used a Kindle device convert their own books or run their file through a sausage factory of a free online converter and the results are simply terrible. Still, others don’t know how to format their book.
If that’s you, or maybe you just would like to save some time, then let me do it for you.
Please note, this is for ebook formatting services in particular. If you would also like a nice interior print-ready file as well, please say so when reaching out to me in the form below for a quote. If you only require an ebook, please say so. I will give you a quote according to what you’re asking of me.
Your final file in ePub (for Nook, Kobo, iBooks, and others) and Mobi (for Kindle before June 2021) will contain:
- A clickable Table of Contents.
- Flowable text and images that adapt to any device dimensions
- Clickable Footnotes/Endnotes if your book contains them
- Clickable links if your book contains them
- Correct page/section breaks as per how fluid text mobi/epub files work
The Final *Ebook* file I provide you will NOT have:
- Page numbers as pages are not defined like a printed book. Mobi and ePub files are a continual fluid text documents and not a fixed text documents with pages like a print book.
- I also do not include any “pull quotes” in the ebook as those almost never look nice in ebooks. Save the fancy stuff for your print edition, in which case when I do them, I usually do them the same way as I insert images
- Specialty fonts as ebooks only support a selection of specific fonts, and the reader chooses how the book looks on their e-reader device or app
I also assume your manuscript is ready when you send it to me to format, so that means the following things many authors have assumed of me are NOT actually my responsibility:
- Creating a copyright page for you. You should already have it included in your final manuscript!
- Creating your author bio or ‘about the author’ page. Seriously, this is your own responsibility or your ghostwriter’s
- Creating your cover or find someone for you to do it.
- Obtaining the copyright permissions for anything you’ve written that requires it
- Obtaining the appropriate stock images you want or plan on using in your book
- Fact check anything in your book that you or your editor should have already done before sending me your manuscript
- Uploading your book to Amazon and other ebook retailers. Doing so is an additional cost and NOT included in this service.
- Writing your book’s description, synopsis, or book blurb for you.
- Obtaining your ISBN for you or provide you one.
- I DO NOT EDIT YOUR BOOK. Again, I assume a manuscript sent to me for formatting is ready for market.
- Coaching you through everything to do with writing and publishing your book. If you want to be coached through this process, then hire me for coaching. I’m only formatting your ebook with this service and for the quoted price, nothing else.
Again this is a FORMATTING SERVICE. Anything else you want me to do for you is NOT included and I charge extra if I do agree to it.
Instructions Upon Payment
When payment is successfully received, I will need from you a Word file or another word processing document like Scrivener or Pages (NOT a PDF!) of your final manuscript and a JPEG or PNG of your cover, but the cover is optional and not needed.
Upon receiving the files from you, I will get started and personally communicate with you within 48 hours through the e-mail address you used to send me your files.
If I am unable to send you your converted book in that period of time I will communicate with you about any anticipated delays.
- If your book has many images, please send me an e-mail first and we will see if I can convert them well for your needs. I will increase the price of my service in my final invoice if you send me many images after I’ve already agreed to “only a few”
- You are reminded to double-check to make sure you have no mistakes in your text and that you are submitting your final draft before purchasing this order. I do not provide editing with this service. I am working to turn this around to you as quickly as possible, so I don’t read the material closely. As I’ve already said, I usually work with manuscripts that have been edited professionally and are ready to go to print and/or on Amazon.
- As a minister living in Peru, I often have legit reasons for not responding quickly OR sometimes circumstances beyond my control keep me from responding as quickly as I’d like, such as periods where I’m without internet access for days at a time or local brownouts. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- One more time for those in the back: if you’re hiring me for formatting, then FORMATTING is what you are getting. If you want other additional services, say so BEFORE hiring me. Don’t assume!
- PLEASE TELL ME THE BOOK’S WORD COUNT when contacting me. I can’t provide a quote without knowing how much work it’s going to be!
Terms and Conditions of this Service/Please READ this before contacting me:
- I will provide unlimited revisions only if the mistake(s) is/are my own fault. If you request changes after the conversion has already been completed and sent to you, or down the road after you’ve already published it (ie a reader notices a typo) you will be expected to make it worth my while. Again, I DO NOT PROVIDE EDITING with this service.
- Refunds will only be issued if asked before I have begun the work. No refunds will be issued if work has already been started, and certainly not after having already provided you the converted files in a zip file and sent them to you or you’ve published the book (like, duh, seriously!)
- As a Christian, I have an open mind about formatting anything an author may pay for whether it conforms to my beliefs or not. However, under no circumstance will I format erotica or anything that condones and promotes illegal activity or racism.
- I do not start the project until I’ve received payment. No exceptions. I’m flexible with payment options and timelines only for recurring customers I’ve built a track record with
- For urgently-needed conversions, I’m motivated to send you back your book in less than 24 hours (ie. the same day) if you leave a generous tip in addition to the quoted price prior to starting on this project. Procrastination and lack of planning for launch on your part do not constitute an “emergency” on my part.
- Again, when contacting me, please advise me if your project has a lot of endnotes/footnotes. This aspect of the conversion is done manually so as to make sure each one has a proper clickable link. The more notes there are to convert, the longer it can take and as a result, it impacts my price.
- If you’re on a shoestring budget, you’re better off finding someone else to do the formatting. You can save yourself some time by spending money or save your money by spending your time. I’m here to help you with the time-saving and provide a kick-butt ebook and print files.
- PLEASE BE HONEST WITH ME FROM THE BEGINNING about your book’s needs, its deadline, how many images and endnotes you may require, etc… I can’t keep track of how many times an author has told me “it only has a few pictures“, and in the end, it was more like 30. Or they say there are only a dozen footnotes, but in actuality, there are 200. These aspects cause me to take longer to complete your book. Knowing ahead of time exactly what I’m working on, I charge accordingly and can provide it within the timeframe I say I will or I may turn down the work.
I set my pricing based on the following:
- Careful attention to detail
- The time it takes to repeatedly review your book on both my Kindle Paperwhite, Fire Tablet, iPhone app, etc…
- The time it takes to answer your particular questions back and forth in our emails
- My experience (re: years) as a formatter, self-published author, and writing coach
- My guarantee that you are satisfied with the final results.
- How long your book is and how complicated the project will be.
If you want it done cheaply, you can “get what you pay for” on Fiverr and I’m sure you can find someone else to do it. Save time by spending money, or save money by spending time.
If you want your e-book formatting done excellently, then I’m ready when you are!
If you think we’d be a good fit and are looking forward to having your book look like it was formatted by a traditional publisher, then message me below. Please don’t contact me asking for a quote unless you provide all the info I ask for: your book’s word count, how many images it has, and how many endnotes/footnotes your manuscript has, etc…
Blessings to you!